Zip 2000 – the Z-code interpreter
Welcome to the Zip 2000 home page. Zip 2000 is the best Z-code interpreter
on any platform, so if you own a RISC OS machine, you're in luck!
- Full support for Version 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 games
- Full conformance to Graham Nelson's "Z-Machine Standards Document", Revision 1.1
- Complete Blorb version 1.1 support
- Graphics support (Infocom .MG1 format and Blorb PNG and JPEG)
- Sound support (Blorb AIFF, SONG and MOD)
- Colour support
- Timed-input support
- Mouse support
- Menu support
- Full function key/cursor key/keypad support
- Full foreign language support, including runes and Unicode
- Easily adjustable screen size
- Full use of anti-aliased outline fonts
- Line editing & command recall
- Quetzal-format save files
- Full alpha-compositing, dithering and gamma correction for PNG pictures
- Multiple UNDO
- High speed - the fastest Z-code interpreter for RISC OS
- The best-looking Z-code interpreter on any platform
These screenshots were taken from version 1.32. Note that all the Infocom
graphics shown are from the .MG1 files - at the time working Blorb versions
of the Infocom were not yet available. With version 1.50's support for an
extension to the Blorb format, the Infocom games can now be accurately
- The Jigsaw opening scene.
- Playing Double Fanucci in Zork Zero.
- The opening scene of Shogun.
- Journey showing its menu.
- Zork I running in a 180dpi screen mode.
- Alpha-channel compositing with my toucan-drawing program.
Zip 2000 is available for download from the
Interactive Fiction Archive.
The current version is
1.50 (14-Nov-09). The
is also available.
Back to my home page